Home sweet home

Home sweet home
The Africa Mercy
"Greater things are yet to come,
Greater things are still to be done in this city"
"He does not forget the cry of the afflicted" Psalm 9:12

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The phone isn't working!!!

Hello all! I have pictures to upload but unfortunately my phone isn't working and won't let me upload anything.  Hopefully tomorrow the phone is in a better mood.
I am slowly but surely completing my Africa Check List! Yesterday we went to a restaurant (wish i knew the name).  It was a REAL African restaurant! yay! Tom (our day worker) took me and Roxane (my new roommate).  You know it's off the beaten path when there's no white people and they don't speak any English.  We had Fufu which is a VERY West African starch.  It's made out of either Yam or Cassava.  Both are a type of root looking thing.  The yams here are not like the yams in the states.  So our Fufu (pronounced foo foo) was made with Yams.  It's a lot like mashed potatoes.  You eat it with some kind of sauce (which ever you order).  I had some kind of spicy tomato beef sauce.  I think i burned my tongue from the spiciness of it and not from temperature.  It was really delicious though!  I would totally do it again.
I have pictures of this wonderful adventure on my phone! but my stupid phone is being uncooperative.
Hey look at that! I just tried to get my phone to work again and it's working now!


Walking to the market :)

Roxane washing her hands before eating African food

Tom and I eating fufu

I have no idea what this was...supposedly it was beef but i've never seen beef like this before.  It was rubbery and weird...
So guys that's all for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment